71 Sees Daylight After 21 Years!

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
nwav8tor
Tell us about your Corvette: 1971 Coupe that's been in the family since new. Was "stored" in a shed in New England for22 years. Even though I have limited knowledge and experience, I'm doing a body off restoration. Standby for many questions!

Re: LIFT OFF!!!!!!!!

Post by nwav8tor » Sep 23rd, 2014 3:46 pm

MaineVette wrote: Love the photos Paul, gave me a good chuckle. I have several similar photos from when I lifted my body.

I bet it took a few tries to get the body balanced on the one chain hoist. I originally going to do my lift with one hoist but was worried I wouldn't be able to get the body balanced enough to stay level during the lift.

You'll be glad you bagged, tagged and photographed everything later. I can't tell you how much of a help it's been for me. I couldn't imagine putting everything back together with just the AIM and chassis service manual :willy:
Glad you enjoyed my bit of levity. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the whole positive attitude throughout the resto!

Balance wasn't really a problem. If you look closely, I had a load leveler attached to the single hoist and then the straps were attached to that. Only one or two attempts to lift an inch or so were necessary to get it adjusted correctly.

Bagging and tagging were easy as was taking photos. Now all I need to do is come up with an efficient way to "file" and store all the parts and back-up all the photos to protect against a hard drive failure/damage.

Paul